Kit Contents Should Be:
2 Front Spacers
2 Rear Spacers
2 Front Jounce Bumper Extenders
2 Extended Jounce Bumpers
1. Ensure that all components in kit are accounted for.
2. Ensure Grand Cherokee WJ is parked on a level surface. Place wheel chocks in front of and behind rear tires, jack the vehicle by the front axle, support the vehicle with jack stands and remove the wheels. Do not let the front axle droop at this time.
3. Disconnect the front shocks and sway bar end links and lower the axle.
4. Remove the coil springs and ensure that they are in perfect working condition (no cracks, broken coils, etc.)
5. Remove the stock coil isolators from the body and install the spacer. If the stock coil isolators are
worn or damaged, replace them at this time. Install the stock coil isolators.
6. Remove the front jounce bumpers from their cups and remove the hardware holding the cup in.
Re-install the front jounce cups with the provided front jounce bumper extenders and hardware. Torque to spec. If the front jounce bumpers are damaged (worn, cracked, etc.), replace them at this time. Install front jounce bumpers
7. Reinstall the coils. Additional steps may need to be taken in order to reinstall the coils such as disconnecting the track bar on the axle side or using a spring compressor. If the track bar is disconnected, reinstall after step #7.
8. Jack up axle and reinstall shocks, sway bar end links, and wheels, ensuring proper torque is
9. Remove jack stands from the frame and lower the vehicle to the ground.
10. Place the wheel chocks in front of and behind the front tires, jack vehicle by the rear axle, support the vehicle with jack stands and remove the wheels. Do not let the rear axle droop at this time.
11. Disconnect the rear shocks and sway bar at the frame and lower the axle.
12. Droop the rear axle and remove the coil springs, making sure that they are in perfect working condition. (no cracks, broken coils, etc.) A spring compressor may be needed to perform this step.
13. Remove the stock jounce bumpers from the jeep and install the extended jounce bumpers included in the kit.
14. Install the spacers on the axle underneath the stock coil isolators and reinstall the coils. A spring compressor may be needed to perform this step. If the stock coil isolators are worn or damaged, replace them at this time.
15. Jack up axle and reinstall the shocks and wheels, making sure proper torque is reached.
16. Remove jack stands from the frame and lower the vehicle to the ground.
17. Ensure that the tires do not contact the body through the full travel of the suspension.
18. An alignment must be performed after installing this kit. Failure to do so will cause dangerous driving characteristics and premature tire wear.
19. Headlights may need to be re-adjusted.
20. Re-torque all hardware after 500 miles.
Get your VERY OWN Grand Cherokee WJ kit from RSTGarage and install it Yourself!